Property Advice

How to Deal With Subsidence

You are here > > Home & Property > Subsidence > Dealing with it

What do I do if my house has subsidence?

If you think your house may have subsidence, don't panic. Your home is very unlikely to fall down, and as long as you have insurance, you're not going to become destitute.

The first thing you should do is carefully check your insurance policy. Your buildings insurance will cover subsidence, although the extent of the cover will vary. The majority of policies contain a subsidence excess of £1,000, and some exclude damage to garden walls, swimming pools and driveways.

Contact your insurer and they will quickly send an assessor to check the damage. The insurer may then arrange for a structural engineer and other specialists to investigate.

This process may take some time, and you may find your home surrounded by deep holes as the experts attempt to locate the problem.

Even once the cause of the subsidence is identified, don't expect a speedy solution. Your insurers may want to monitor the problem over a period of time before deciding on a plan of action.

Simple money advice to help get your finances in order.

Health Issues
Health advice
Hernias - your treatment options.
Bipolar disorder - causes and symptoms.
Anxiety - help, advice and support.

Celebrity Men
Sexy men
Take a look at the top 100 hottest celebrity men in the world.

Join us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

Dealing with subsidence in your house

Search - health, beauty, dieting and much much more
© 2012 All Rights Reserved.