Our eyesight is something that most of us take for granted. Without it, where would you be? You wouldn't be reading this for a start.
Choosing to have lasik eye surgery puts your eyesight in the hands of a complete stranger, albeit a very qualified one. It's only common sense therefore, to make sure you choose the right laser surgeon. Although most eye specialists in the UK have the skills and experience you are no doubt looking for, it's prudent to do a little homework on the surgeons in your area.
And when you do meet these lasik specialists, it's important to ask as many questions as you can. You need to be clear in your mind, that you are sitting in the best clinic, opposite the best surgeon that you can afford.
So what questions should you ask? There are dozens of pertinent questions, but the most important are as follows:
- How long have you been performing lasik laser eye surgery?
- Are you a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons or equivalent?
- How many laser eye procedures have you carried out in the past year?
- How many actual Lasik procedures have you carried out in the last year?
- What percentage of your patients require enhancement or corrective treatment after surgery?
- What percentage of your lasik patients have experienced complications?
- Have you had any formal complaints from dissatisfied patients?
- Do you have written testimonials from satisfied patients?
If you don't feel your lasik surgeon has answered your questions properly, you should probably try somewhere else. Remember, you're in charge here, and it's your eyesight that's potentially at at stake.
Recommended eye clinics in the UK
Common Eyesight Questions
What questions should I ask my lasik eye surgeon?
What are the possible side effects after a laser eye operation?