The English rugby union superstar Jonny Wilkinson became as popular as David Beckham after helping his country win the Rugby World Cup. He also plays for club side Newcastle Falcons.
Jonny was rugby's first genuine superstar with pin-up looks matched by his sporting talent. It's also refreshing to see a sportsman behaving himself off the field with no signs of any 'roasting' stories. His career may have stalled of late due to injuries but he's still an English hero.
Jonny Peter Wilkinson was born in Surrey, England on May 25th 1979. He was a talented sportsman from a young age, playing tennis and cricket to a high level. However, it was his rugby abilities that would shape his life. The former England rugby star Rob Andrew recognized Jonny's prestigious...
His Sexiest Moments
1. Kicking that drop goal to win the Rugby World Cup for England against Australia in 2003.
2. Dressing to impress for his date with the Queen at Buckingham palace to receive his O.B.E. He almost looked as good as he does in a pair of rugby shorts.
3. Every time he dons the white shirt of England and runs out onto the rugby field.
Three Things You Never Knew
1. Jonny is 5ft 10in tall, he weighs 13st 7lbs and takes a size nine shoe. By rugby standards he is tiny.
2. He was called up by his country after playing just 58 minutes of senior club rugby.
3. In 2004 Jonny was awarded the O.B.E. (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) for his services to rugby