Beauty Tip 49. Put a stop to nail biting
Badly bitten nails stops beauty and style in their tracks faster than you can pull your fingers out of your mouth.
Even the most elegant, glamorous woman would have trouble carrying off nibbled nails.
Biting your nails is a terribly unattractive habit, and one that can be difficult to stop.
However, there are several steps you can take to put an end to your unhygienic habit... and here are five of the best:
1. Always keep an emery board at hand so when you have the urge to nibble you can reach for the proper tool instead.
2. Spend a few minutes each day caring for your nails, whether it be oiling your cuticles, applying polish or even a little massage. This gives you a greater sense of pride in your nails and reduces the likelihood of ruining all your hard work by biting them.
3. Keep yours nails polished at all times to dissuade you from nibbling.
4. If you're really struggling, invest in a bottle of anti-bite liquid to keep your fingers out of your mouth.
5. When you feel the urge to bite, give your hands something else to do. For example, squeeze a stress ball, eat a healthy snack or apply some hand cream... anything to remove those nail biting thoughts from your mind.
Similar Make-up Questions
Why a daily cleansing routine is essential for beautiful, blemish free skin.
How a little well placed eye make-up can transform the way you look.