It's easy to be slightly intimidated when speaking to a plastic surgeon, and therefore not gather all the information you want. But, it's important to seek answers to all your queries and questions, especially for a major cosmetic procedure such as rhinoplasty. You're potentially letting this man or women dramatically change your appearance, so now's not the time to be shy.
There are dozens of possible questions you could ask your nose correction surgeon but eight of the most important are as follows:
1. How many years have you been a practicing plastic surgeon?
2. How many years have you been carrying out rhinoplasty treatment?
3. How many nose reshaping procedures have you carried out?
4. Have you had any unsatisfied patients or cases where further surgery has been required?
5. Do you have any before and after photographs of your rhinoplasty patients?
6. Do you have any testimonials from your nose correction patients?
7. Are you a member of BAAPS, or The British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons?
8. What level of after care do you provide, and is this included in the price?
It's also important to feel comfortable with your nose augmentation surgeon. If you don't feel at ease, or you feel pressurized to sign up to the procedure, it may be best to try an alterative surgeon.
Take a look at our guide to having procedures abroad.